Selling a home can be stressful. Understatement of the year, right? If your life is anything like mine, with jobs, kids, pets, crazy schedules and everything moving at the speed of light, the thought of selling a home may put you right over the edge! Sure, there are alternative options like one of those “we’ll buy your house and you pick your move out date” companies. But do you really need to sacrifice your hard earned equity and profit in order to have a low stress transaction? Those companies are often charging 12 – 13% to sell your home, meaning you leave a LOT of money on the table. On a $400,000 home we’re talking $48,000 in commissions and fees vs. $24,000 if you use a Realtor. $24,000 buys a lot of relaxing massages and margaritas! How can using a Realtor® make home selling less stressful?
There are lots of things a Realtor can do to make home selling less stressful. Here are just a few examples:
- Advise on market conditions that assist you in most effectively timing your sale.
- Connect you with trades and service companies to help get the home sale ready.
- Assist in increasing the home’s appeal with the least amount of money and effort.
- Price the home effectively to effect a quick sale at the highest price.
- Set up a convenient showing schedule that maximizes exposure without needless inconvenience.
- Assist with pets and other important aspects to ensure safety and security.
- Manage the marketing of your home.
- Negotiate ALL of the contract terms to get you the highest dollar amount and the most convenient closing process.
- Keep you compliant with contract provisions and manage legal risks involved in selling a home.
- Regularly check on the home if it’s vacant.
A recent client was particularly concerned about her two elderly dogs who could not be removed from the home or crated during showings. The family was often out of town on weekends during which time a dog sitter came to the house several times a day to provide food, medicine, and well checks. How on earth were we to get as many showings as possible while someone had to always be at the house to watch the dogs while potential buyers looked at the home?
We set up a customized “by appointment only” showing protocol and every showing request was responded to by setting clear expectations about how the showing needed to work. Additionally, in order to capitalize on the weekends when so many buyers are out looking, my team made sure that we had 4 hour open houses on Saturdays and Sundays when the family was out of town. We looked after the dogs, and got as many people as possible through the house to find the right buyer. And find buyer we did! That home sold for the highest price per square foot in the neighborhood!
If you have thought about selling your home, now is the strongest sellers market in decades. What that means for you is that if you use a Realtor® to make home selling less stressful you will likely sell quickly and for the highest price possible. You may even get multiple offers, which your Realtor will manage with finesse. Call the Sharyn Younger Team and let us get your everything you deserve with the least amount of stress.